On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 8:46 AM, bsisco <blake.si...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok.  I updated to the latest trunk release this morning and now when I
> run django-admin.py startapp <blah> I get the following: (specs:
> Python 2.5, Win XP Pro, Django trunk release 10781)

What did you update from? How did you update?  Where did you put the latest
Django code?

> >django-admin.py startapp rd
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django\bin\django-admin.py",
> line 2, in <module>
>    from django.core import management
> ImportError: No module named django.core

So you have django-admin.py in C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django\bin.
What else is under C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django?  Is there a
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django\core directory with an __init__.py file
in it?  Python is seeming to say not, yet that is where it would be expected
to be given where you have django-admin.py.

> My python path is as follows:
> >echo %pythonpath% >> out.txt
> C:\Python25;C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django;C:\django_projects;

Note having C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django in your PYTHONPATH is
incorrect.  Nothing that does from django.whatever will match, since Python
will then be looking for
C:\Python25\Lib\site-packages\django\django\whatever -- there's one too many
django's in there.  So, you don't want the 'django' part when you specify it
in PYTHONPATH.  But if you take django off of what you have you are left
with your site-packages directory, which is automatically searched.  So
you'd best just take that part out of your PYTHONPATH setting.

(It's also odd to have C:\Python25 in your PYTHONPATH.  Anything installed
under your Python directory, ought to be under site-packages, and therefore
automatically found.  If you've got Python packages installed directly under
C:\Python25 that's non-standard.)

Karen