Hope this subject gets some more exposure. I'm curious to know what is
possible in using gettext for all dynamic database translations.

Or should I wait till Marc Garcia has finished work on his Google
Summer Of Code i18n project (http://vaig.be/2009/04/gsoc-
implementation-of-additional-i18n.html)? My guess is that he will use
a database driven approach to translating database field content, not
gettext.

Finally, will his solution be able to change the ordering of a model
to the natural language chosen by the user (request.LANGUAGE_CODE)?