Hey Retro, I'm struggling with the same thing. I've found two
interesting links which take two different approaches although I can't
get either to quite work (I think the template is just not seeing the
actual control but it's not complaining loudly). But it's quite
possible that you'll be able to get it working:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/733880/iterate-over-choices-in-checkboxselectmultiple
http://www.zoia.org/blog/2007/03/24/iterating-over-items-of-selection-fields-in-django-templates-using-newforms/

Please post if you find a solution and I will if I get it first  :-)

Cheers.