Hello Marc,

You can render a template into an string.

from django.template.loader import render_to_string
my_template = render_to_string('template.html',{'some':'data'})

If you want to send the list of objects to the browser you can use
serialization into json:
http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/topics/serialization/#id2

In other hand, i'm currently developing Dajax (
http://code.google.com/p/dajaxproject/) it will help you using ajax in
django. For example, for sending serialized objects to the browser and use
it as you want in JS.

Thanks

--
neo2001[at]gmail.com