Do you run more than one instance of Django on the same machine,
whether they be production or development systems?

If you run multiple Django instances and they run as different users,
as would often be case where running development Django on same box
and production runs as Django, it is bad practice to put caches or
database in /tmp and use the same location for all instances.

The situation that can arise if you do this is that another instance
could create directories/files which another instance cannot open or
create files within. Thus you get permission denied.

So, more information is needed about how many Django sites you have
running, how they are hosted, what users they run as and how they are
configured for caches, databases etc.

Graham