On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:39 PM, greatlemer <greatle...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I was creating some custom template tags and attempted to import my
> models through the following import at the top of the file:
>
> from ..models import *
>
> Unfortunately this seems to be attempting to import from django.models
> (which doesn't exist) rather than myapp.models and therefore throws up
> an error when I try to use it.  Is there any possible way that I will
> be able to perform this import without specifying the app name (as I
> was trying to keep things as generic as possible) or am I just going
> to have to bite the bullet and hard-code the app name in there?
>
> Cheers,

Unfortunately for the time being you're going to need to bite the bullet.
Django does some *very* nasty things when loading templatetags that are
almost certainly the source of your problem.  This is considered a bug,
however it won't get fixed until the 1.2 release cycle in all likelyhood
(only bugs that break things very badly are being considered for 1.1 at this
point).

Alex

say it." --Voltaire
"The people's good is the highest law."--Cicero