I just tried that and I didn't have any luck.  As a sanity check, does
this look right:

====
class PersonAdmin(admin.ModelAdmin):
    form = PersonAdminForm

    def delete_view(self, request, object_id):
        print 'it worked'
====

When I click the Delete button, I would expect to see "it worked" in
my logs.  Unfortunately, no such luck.