I don't find the functionality in the admin interface, so I'm guessing
its not implemented in the trunk.
I thought that maybe it would be a handy thing to extend the sites
framework into the users and groups framework.

For my firm, we have several branches which run mostly the same
website (all run the exact same apps) but with their own graphics and
unique flatpages and with the articles and inventory, certain sites
show certain articles and certain sites sell certain inventory. This
all was very easy to implement with the sites framework.
It took a while to filter out but we have a 250k unique item inventory
assigned to one or more branches.

The main office sells just about anything, while 2 of the smaller
branches are specialized in and only sell industrial electronics and
industrial installation materials. Industrial clients also have
different pricing when they buy their gear from the branch specialized
in those materials then when they order it trough us.
The medium sized branches mostly wholesale home electronics and
housebuilding electronics and installation materials.

Now to what I wanted to request. What I now really need is to give
people permissions and access to functions on one, several or all of
the sites or at least limit their login to one, several or all of the
sites.

If the sites framework extended into the users and groups framework,
this would be as simple as assigning a flatpage to a specific site.
You simply would mark one or more sites for a given user.

Since we are a wholesaler, our clients need to request a login that
has buying rights, our branches are located all trough the country and
clients are assigned to their nearest branch, while the general public
can simply register for a limited account that has access to downloads
and store prices which are mostly equal on all sites.

So, am I missing something here, did I implement Django wrong by using
one single database for all my instances or is this a rather usefull
feature for the sites framework which isn't implemented (yet?)

r/Jan