hi
I run in problems with umlaute (äöü) with two related tables on a
postgres-DB

class Rorg(models.Model):
    rorgokbez = models.CharField(max_length=4, primary_key=True)
    rorgobez = models.CharField(max_length=30)
    def __unicode__(self):
        return "%s %s" % (self.rorgokbez, self.rorgobez)

class Sore(models.Model):
  soreokbez=models.ForeignKey(Rorg,
to_field='rorgokbez',db_column='soreokbez')
  soreenum=models.IntegerField(primary_key = True)
  sorebez=models.CharField(max_length=30)
  def __unicode__(self):
        return "%s %s" % (str(self.soreokbez), self.sorebez)

Rorg.rorgbez contains values with umlaute. Reading those with
'Rorg.objects.get' or '..filter' works fine.  But when I try getting
data from Sore with a foreign key to Rorg I only get "bad unicode
data". (btw reading Sore without the foreign key to Rorg works fine as
well)

did I miss something in the model documentation or may this be a bug
in django?
thanks for any helpful hints

goobee