Hi

I was using the email ID as the username as shown below in my view.py

view.py
----------
def signup(request)
..
      username=emailid ;
      valid_user = authenticate
(username=username,password=password  )
..

and it works fine for me

Django version being the development version

# django-admin.py --version
1.1 beta 1 SVN-10957

1.) The problem is in the admin interface "@" is not accepted as
username while I can populate the same from the view.py
Is this an expected behaviour or should I raise a ticket ( if at all
it doesnt exists )

2.) Do we have a configuration file or so where we can define these
constraints like max_length of user name, accepted character set  in
the user name and others.
I can very well change the code in django-trunk of my web server,  but
I dont want to do that since I want to avoid the overhead of re-doing
the svn tasks

Thanks
Subramanyam