On Jun 25, 4:49 pm, Karen Tracey <kmtra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:29 PM, Divesh Gidwani <dagidw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hey Guys,
>
> > I'm new to Django and computer programming and am currently following
> > a tutorial from this website:
>
> >http://www.zabada.com/tutorials/django-quick-start.php
>
> I wouldn't recommend that.  From a brief look that tutorial is based on
> Django 0.96, and unless you are supporting old code written for that level
> you do not want to be starting out with such an old base.  There are many
> things that changed between 0.96 and 1.0 in a backwards-incompatible way
> (one of which has led to your problem), you are much better off starting
> with 1.0.  Why not use the official Django tutorial, which is updated to
> match the current code (or you can use the version for the latest official
> release, depending on what level of Django you decide to go with):
>
> http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/#intro-tutorial01
>
> Karen

Hey Karen,

Thanks a ton for that. I used the activate admin way suggested in
tutorial 2 of the djangoproject website and that worked just great!

I'm sure this Django journey is not going to be very smooth, and i'll
keep having questions along the way, especially since this is my first
ever programming experience. Thanks to people like you, it becomes a
lot easier.

Thanks once again.

Divesh