hi,

I have a conference management application. It has a list of menu items on the
lefthand side. These menus are created by a templatetag from a list of menus
in views.py. At various stages of the conference, menu items have to be
enabled or disabled. For example, 'submit talk' has to be hidden after the
last date for talk submission is over. At present I am doing this by
commenting out the menu item in views.py and commenting out the corresponding
url in urls.py. But this involves the admins delving into code, which is not a
good thing as there is no guarantee that the admins will be programmers. The
menu items can be put in a model, and have a boolean field 'activate'. That is
not a problem. But if the url is not commented out in urls.py, there is
nothing to prevent the user from directly typing in the url. So is there some
way where these urls can also be stored in a model so that the admin just has
to set 'activate' to false and the menu will not appear and the url will not
be available for the user to directly type it in?
--
regards
kg