Try django-voting http://code.google.com/p/django-voting if you want
digg-like voting.
This app stores all votes in database, so it prevents user to "vote
up" multiple times.

Alternatively, you can develop it yourself. It's pretty
straightforward to implement imo. IP address comes with request object
(don't forget to tweak your production server) so you can store it
against voting id with datetime field.