On Jun 29, 10:05 am, Joru <avenp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I still can't solve this
> Anyone had answer on this?
>
> On Jun 26, 7:39 pm, Joru <avenp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I experience some weirdness regarding usingregexwith django
> > I have following function in utils.py
>
> > from django.utils.text import wrap
> > import re
>
> > str = "wr: \n one bunny \n two bunny \n wr: three bunny \n
> > def do_regex(text):
> >     lines = wrap(text, 55).split('\n')
> >     for i, line in enumerate(lines):
> >         cmp = re.compile(r'[wr:]$')
> >         rgx = cmp.search(line)
> >         if rgx:
> >             line = "+%s" % line
> >             lines[i] = line
> >         else :
> >             lines[i] = ">%s" % line
> >     return '\n'.join(lines)
> > do_regex(str)
>
> > when calling do_regex() from views.py, I always get rgx null while
> > when I use django shell rgx will have value when match toregexthat I
> > declare in cmp var
> > How to fix myregexso it can work inside views.py?

I copied and pasted your code (with an added speech mark to close str)
into a controller function, and it works for me:

Django version 1.1 beta 1, using settings 'pilchard.settings'
Development server is running at http://127.0.0.1:8000/
Quit the server with CTRL-BREAK.
>wr:
> one bunny
> two bunny
> wr: three bunny

[29/Jun/2009 10:29:45] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 2285

What do you mean by "get rgx null"? What exactly is null? Where?

James