I want to create a web application that access videos from many
different websites such as YouTube, Google Video, etc. The app should
be able to store all the necessary information that would later allow
the site to access a particular video. For instance, if the user
inputs the URL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg, the
application should be able to store all the information needed to play
the video and play it later. My problem is that I am new to web
programming and I am having trouble creating an effective model for
the web app. As it stands, I have a Video model that has a ForeignKey
to a VideoHost model. The VideoHost contains a hostname for a video
hosting site, a field that stores the regex necessary to extract some
kind of identifier from the URL, and some other information that
pertains to accessing a video from that particular host. The more I
work with this model, however, the more I find it hard to use and too
inflexible.

I don't mean to ask anyone to come up with a complete model for me. I
gave the details of the project so that my situation would be better
understood. All I am asking is if anyone can recommend a better model
pattern that I could use for a mashup of this sort. Thanks in advance!