ServerName:     'kennethdavid.net'
DocumentRoot:   '/home/kdwadmin'

URI:            '/admin'
Location:       '/'
Directory:      None
Filename:       '/home/kdwadmin/admin'
PathInfo:       ''

Phase:          'PythonHandler'
Handler:        'django.core.handlers.modpython'

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line
1537, in HandlerDispatch
    default=default_handler, arg=req, silent=hlist.silent)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line
1202, in _process_target
    module = import_module(module_name, path=path)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mod_python/importer.py", line
304, in import_module
    return __import__(module_name, {}, {}, ['*'])

ImportError: No module named django.core.handlers.modpython

I know i know, this has been asked a million times... i've looked at
the answers and i've checked things...

both mod_python and django live in my site packages directory. I've
set apache as the group and gave it RWX privileges. i've also insured
that the path from site packages to the modpython.py does in fact go
through django/core/handlers/modpython

at this point, i'm not sure what else to check.

my virtual host setup looks like this:

NameVirtualHost kennethdavid.net:80

<VirtualHost kennethdavid.net:80>
        ServerName kennethdavid.net
        ServerAlias www.kennethdavid.net
        DocumentRoot /home/kdwadmin

        <Location />
                SetHandler python-program
                PythonHandler django.core.handlers.modpython
                SetEnv DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE kdnet.settings
                PythonPath "['/home/kdwadmin', '/home/kdwadmin/kdnet']
+ sys.path"
                PythonDebug On
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>

obviously it works because its getting to mod_python and getting sick.

thanks guys and gals