Hi guys,

I need to block access to my site during a time period, when a script
is running and do some calculations. I want to avoid user interaction
during this calculations, this is why I want to block access to the
site when the script starts and liberate when the script ends.

First of all, I think on change the apache configuration and restart
it when start the script, but I want to simple it and just check a
parameter on the settings.py, direct on django.

I created a middleware that make this thing and it works if the
settings parameter changes. The problem now is: how to change the
settings parameter through the script outside of django?

I try to import the settings and change the parameter but the site
don't see the change. Is this possible or I need to find another way?

Thanks in advance,