To clarify, the djangobook states:

<< On the admin site’s edit forms, each field’s label is generated
from its model field name. The algorithm is simple: Django just
replaces underscores with spaces and capitalizes the first character,
so, for example, the Book model’s publication_date field has the label
“Publication date.” >>

Where in the django.contrib.admin code is this logic found?  I would
like to utilize it.