Xiong

Thanks for your comment.  Good questions.

I envisage a social networking website, based on Django.  The website
will provide a chat facility for users who are logged in: multi-user
chatrooms and private chat (I has been thinking of 1-to-1 as a special
case of multi-user).  Django-integration because certain chat
functions might have to access Django-centric information (eg
different types of user displayed differently; perhaps a django
moderation module).

If there is a standard embeddable thingamajig, that may well be the
way to go.  Can you recommend any that would fit the above usage?

Best

Ivan