Hey all, I'm running into something that I'm not sure if it's a
problem, or something I might be doing wrong. What I'm working on is
some deployment scripting, and using pid files to kill processes. I'm
having problems with the pidfile attribute.

When I run manage.py like this, the pidfile is written as expected
(I'm testing out tcp and unix sockets just to for good measure):

python manage.py runfcgi host=127.0.0.1 port=8024 daemonize=false
pidfile=serve/fcgi/port_8024.pid
python manage.py runfcgi socket=/tmp/fcgi.sock daemonize=false
pidfile=serve/fcgi/port_8024.pid

After each of those, I run this:

$>more serve/fcgi/port_8024.pid

It correctly has the pid in it.

Then I delete the pid file:

$>rm serve/fcgi/port_8024.pid

Now I try running it daemonized:

python manage.py runfcgi host=127.0.0.1 port=8024 daemonize=true
pidfile=serve/fcgi/port_8024.pid
python manage.py runfcgi socket=/tmp/fcgi.sock daemonize=true
pidfile=serve/fcgi/port_8024.pid

After doing that, it hasn't created the port_8024.pid file.

This is where it gets interesting.  I'm noticing that for some reason
the fcgi isn't spawning either - when I have the pidfile=xxx parameter
specified.

When I run `ps -ax` I don't see the process there.

But, when I run it again, without the pidfile:

python manage.py runfcgi host=127.0.0.1 port=8024 daemonize=true
python manage.py runfcgi socket=/tmp/fcgi.sock daemonize=true

Now the process actually spawns, and I see it in `ps -ax`

Anyone have any idea what's going on? Is this a bug?

Thanks for the help.