Thanks for replying!
The host I'm using (vlexo.com) is really good and very friendly, so I can
theoretically ask for an admin to help but I'd rather figure it out myself. I
actually asked for wsgi to be installed so that I can do something like this,
figuring that I'll be able to run django without any admin access. I was pretty
stupid in that assumption. So yeah, I can get an admin to help if its possible
to do this with htaccess as long as it isn't too demanding on them. What other
details would you like about this host?

Thanks