Can anyone shed some light on how django validates foreign keys for
me??

I have a model that I'm writing a whole lot of records in a single
request.  With the Foreign Key defined in the model it takes ages!!!
Have about 100 records and it takes minutes.  When I change the field
to CharField, it completes in a matter of seconds.

The database constraint is still active, and executing a query against
the database to check if the key exists completes in under 10
milliseconds.

I'm curious if anyone might know why the foreign key validation is
taking so long to complete?!?!

I'm thinking a cache tuning issue perhaps??