Yes, how many times have you followed the practice of:

 1. write some new code

 2. (re)start dev server and/or update dev database

 3. tab over to your browser and click away

 4. tab back to terminal to see the traceback when you hit an error

With a functional test suite, it becomes sooo much quicker to just do
a "./bin/test" and let a computer program do all that clicking work
for you, and you can get straight to the error messages and jump right
back into bug fixing.

However Canoo only allows you to script your test suites in either XML
or Groovy. If you want to write your tests in Python, then
zope.testbrowser behaves more-or-less the same as Canoo (automated
functional black-box browser testing) except you can write your tests
in Python. Although it's Python only, I haven't seen anyone develop a
Firefox recorder plug-in which would generate zope.testbrowser test
suites ... but then that tends to mostly be a hurdle only for new
users, after a bit of practice it becomes much more natural and
quicker to express browser actions directly from test code.

FWIW, zope.testbrowser is pretty quick too, I'm getting:

  Ran 49 tests with 3 failures and 9 errors in 1.340 seconds.

That doesn't account for set-up and teardown times (and I've got
failing tests because I haven't yet automated setup/teardown for the
functional test suite for the ldap server that app requires).