On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Dudley Fox <dudley....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Should I have posted this to the developer's list? I ask because I
> have received no responses yet. Not even a "...you shouldn't do that."
> :)

I can help you with that - you shouldn't do that.   Instead you should
create a new model for friends and link users to friends with a one-to-many
relation.  Each friend can have a single character field for their name,
which will give you a list of strings (friends) attached to each user.

Does that make sense?

-sam