Hi Friends,

Just refer the sample code below.

My problem is I am referring a Dependant models field in
'search_field'
it is working correctly but when i delete a record from 'Dept' name
from Dept Model
the Search for the firstname is not working..
For example

The following data is displayed in the Employee Model

Employee
FirstName   |  Last Name  |  Dept   |
-------------------------------------
AAA            BBB           Sales
BBB            CCC        |  Purchase

Dept
DeptName     |  Employee Name   |   Other Detail
Sales           AAA                 None
Purchase        BBB                 None

In the above example (data) if I Search for Employee 'AAA'
It produces the result. But When I delete the  'Purchase' record
from 'Dept' Table, and then  Search 'AAA' in 'Employee' Table
It is not displaying the Record. (The record exists in the list)

I want to display the records of Employee when there is no record
exist in the Dept Model with Dept as None

# Code Snippet
class Employee(models.Model):
   firstname = models.CharField(maxlength=80)
   last_name = models.CharField(maxlength=80)
   salary = models.DecimalField()

   def __str__  (self):
       return self.firstname

   def getdept(self):
        try:
            dept = Dept.objects.get(pk=self.pk)
        except Dept.DoesNotExist:
            dept = Dept()
        return dept.dept_name

    list_display = ('firstname  ','lastname','getdept')
    search_fields = ['firstname','lastname','Dept__dept_name']

class Dept(models.Model):
   dept_name = models.CharField(maxlength=80)
   empName = models.OneToOneField(Employee, )
   otherDetails = models.TextField()

      def __str__       (self):
       return self.dept_name

      list_display = ('dept_name')
      search_fields = ['dept_name']

Kindly reply if anyone has solution to this??

Regards
Harish Bhat