You want this...

http://blog.dougalmatthews.com/2008/10/filter-the-django-modeladmin-set/

Be aware though, of a bug* in manage.py that, if you dumpdata with
only your app specified, you will get entries for the proxy model as
well.
The proxy model entries will screw up your next loaddata, so I
recommend specifying each model to dump in your dumpdata command.

*the bug may have been fixed, but the report in trac does not show any
resolution....