I'm running a couple of django sites on a VPS with nginx and fastcgi
and I'm a little concerned because of the memory usage.
According to the "free" command, each site uses about 50MB of RAM
(I've ran free before and after starting the fastcgi daemons and each
sites seems to use the same amount).
ps aux on the other hand says each daemon is using about 15MB (the RSS
and MEM% fields)
I'm not too sure how to interpret these results. am I doing something
wrong, or is this normal? is the actual memory usage 50MB? I tried
searching about "free" and "ps aux" but didn't find anything about why
there's this discrepancy. should I use mod_wsgi instead?
the command used to start the daemons is:
./manage.py runfcgi method=threaded host=127.0.0.1 port=11003 pidfile=/
some/pid/file