Good afternoon list,

I'm putting together my first django application: a simple blog engine
to replace my current WordPress installation.  I am rolling my own
application as an learning exercise.  I am currently thinking of using
Markdown with Pygments (via the CodeHilite extension) for managing my
blog post's formatting for text and source code so I can store the
blog posts body as preprocessed HTML rather than format it on the fly
with JavaScript.

I want to be able to be able to embed images in my blog posts but I am
unsure as to how to achieve this as it would involve adding some sort
of image/gallery management widget to my blog post admin page.  I
would love some advice on how to implement this and if there are any
existing python modules or django apps that could save me some time.

~ Daniel ~