That will work, as long as the parent doesn't need to go back into a
native object easily - if s/he needs to easily get back into a
datetime object, use pickle:

import pickle
import base64

toEncode = pickle.dumps(datetime.now())
encoded = base64.encodestring(toEncode)

decoded = base64.decodestring(encoded)
original = pickle.loads(decoded) #Gives a datetime object back out

On Jul 30, 4:35 pm, Luke Seelenbinder <luke.seelenbin...@gmail.com>