On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 14:40 -0700, Unnamed_Hero wrote:

> > And you still haven't reduced it to a simple case that fails with a
> > specific piece of data at the interactive prompt. You are trying to
> > debug through three layers of curtains here. Why not remove the extra
> > layers and work directly with the ORM to debug an ORM problem, as I
> > suggested in the first piece of email?
>
> I have tried to work in interactive shell, re-read django docs, but
> still -
> relation "C12B_boss" does not exist. (I'm using postres, and it is
> error not from django, but from DB)

That's unsurprising. The problem isn't going to suddenly vanish! It's
going to be easier to debug because you'll be able to find a single
piece of data that demonstrates the problem. Then you will be able to
construct a smaller example that shows the problem so that we can try it
out for ourselves.

Also, as I've suggested previously, look at the SQL schema Django is
generating. Compare that to what you're trying to match in the existing
database and work on making the differences go away.

There is nothing more I can do to help you here. You need to reduce
things to a much simpler example to isolate the problem. This is
fundamental debugging technique and there is no avoiding it. Only you
have access to the system that demonstrates the problem.

Regards,
Malcolm