Hi,

I am writing a workflow engine. The base workflow is stored in the DB.
But some code needs to written for most workflows.

This means I need code for a model instance (an not code per mode class).

To make this most pythonic, how could this be done?

My idea: since I want the workflow to be portable to several installations, I
don't use
serial IDs for primary keys, but slug-fields. The slug-field could be a
importable
classname like 'foo.workflow.MyClass'.

Now I want that the Workflow model instance inherits from MyClass. This must
be done at runtime. I think this could be done with a custom manager.

Does someone have a better approach, or feedback?

  Thomas

--
Thomas Guettler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/