Igor Sobreira wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 12:35 PM, Jonas Obrist <ojiido...@gmail.com
> <mailto:ojiido...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Torsten Bronger wrote:
>     > Hallöchen!
>     >
>     > Jonas Obrist writes:
>     >
>     >> Is anyone using psyco in django? Does it work and is it useful (as
>     >> in: do you get great speed improvements)?
>     >>
>     >
>     > I've once seen a benchmark indicating considerable improvements of
>     > Django performance with psyco, but only on 32 bit systems.  On 64
>     > bit, psyco was a slight drawback.
>     >
>     > Tschö,
>     > Torsten.
>     >
>     >
>     As far as I knew psyco is 32bit only anyway...
>
>     Also: does anyone know if I have to put 'import psyco; psyco.full()'
>     into every file or if there's a central place where I can enable
>     it for
>     the whole django and my whole app? I'm on a 32bit system and have
>     performance issues...
>

> Maybe you should cache everything possible before trying psyco.
> But I'm curious about Psyco improvements in Django too. Let us know if
> you get any speed improvements.
>

> --
> Igor Sobreira
> www.igorsobreira.com <http://www.igorsobreira.com>
> www.smartnutstechnology.com <http://www.smartnutstechnology.com>

Caching isn't really an options since I only have  VPS with very little
RAM and from reading the docs good caching is done with memcached...
which uses loads of RAM. Once I have the app stable and everything I'll
write some benchmarking for it and I'll run some tests without psyco as
well. This will probably take quite a while though.