Russell Keith-Magee wrote:
> I'm storing lots of unicode content, and I haven't seen any problems
> storing or retrieving that content.

same here.  my sites aren't so busy, but they do run continuously for months on
RAM-limited VMs,  I'ts Ubuntu stock packages too.

All my text data on  MySQL is UTF-8 and haven't seen any problem at all.  maybe
the leaky part isn't exactly the Unicode support but the translation between
unicode and other encodings.  I always make sure that it's UTF-8 all the way,
with no translation at any point (i don't see any value on latin1 or other
limited kludges)

--
Javier