Karen,

Once again, thanks for the detailed and useful response.

On Aug 16, 1:17 pm, Karen Tracey <kmtra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the Python object was created on the fly and relied on the default value:
>
> dt1 = DThing()
> dt1.save()

> Then prior to the fix for that bug, dt1.remaining and dt2.remaining would be
> unicode strings instead of Decimal objects.  The fix for #5903 corrects
> things so that remaining is a Decimal value in this case.

That's how it was (if I understand what you wrote correctly).  The
object that experienced the error was created and saved, and then the
next object was created and saved, and while being saved, called back
to the first object. (And both objects were created and saved in the
same view).