That's a good idea.  So you are suggesting, for example, that when the
threadedcomment gets saved, that my app catch the post save signal and
take its action then?  I like that idea, I'm going to play around with
that today.   I hadn't thought about using signals before, but I guess
that is the obvious solution to finding a way to do things in my own
code without messing with the "reusable" app.

Thanks for that suggestion!

Margie