On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Streamweaver<streamwea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It works fine for me with Python 2.6 on Linux (with the errors
> mentioned above) .  Windows is a bit of a problem as the mysql-python
> library doesn't yet support 2.6.

Since this has come up several times in different threads recently...

No, those are not "errors". Errors would cause your application to
crash and dump a traceback on the screen. What you are seeing are
*warnings*, usually indicating that a bit of code is doing something
that's deprecated. In other words, Python is saying "hey, this will
work for now, but in future versions of Python it won't". The key
there being "this will work for now".

Staying clear on this distinction is of rather crucial importance,
since at this point there are quite a few things that will raise
deprecation *warnings* under Python 2.6, but which are not actually
errors and do not actually crash your application  -- they're merely
telling you that down the road in a future Python version it'll stop
working.