On Aug 19, 10:09 pm, Ray <raymend...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks for the fast response! I'm trying to use the remove function
> right now just like this sample code:
>
> # And from the other end>>> p2.article_set.remove(a5)
> []
>
> []
>
> fromhttp://www.djangoproject.com/documentation/models/many_to_many/
>
> I'm doing "Group.objects.get(id=3).members.remove(member1)"
>
> and getting this error: 'ManyRelatedManager' object has no attribute
> 'remove'
>
> I also did help to find out what methods ManyRelatedManager had, and
> indeed it didn't have a 'remove' method, only: clear, create,
> get_or_create, and get_query_set
>
> AND THEN,
>
> I tried the remove function with the queryset object,
> "Group.objects.get(id=3).members.all().remove(member1)"
>
> and I got this error: 'QuerySet' object has no attribute 'remove'
>
> I'm at a loss as to how I'm supposed to update these relationships....
>
> Ray

Well, that is weird. MayRelatedManager definitely *does* have an
attribute 'remove'. With these basic models:

class Category(models.Model):
    title = models.CharField(_('title'), max_length=100)

class Post(models.Model):
    title = models.CharField(_('title'), max_length=200)
    categories = models.ManyToManyField(Category)

the following works fine:
>>> from blog.models import Post, Category
>>> p=Post.objects.create(title='dan')
>>> c=Category.objects.create(title='category')
>>> p.categories.all()
[]
>>> p.categories.add(c)
>>> p.categories.all()
[<Category: category>]
>>> p.categories.remove(c)
>>> p.categories.all()
[]

So it works for me, I can't imagine what is happening with your setup.
What version of Django are you using?
--
DR.