2009/8/19 Nikola Smiljanić <popiz...@gmail.com>

> Django-1.1.tar.gz
> MD5: b2d75b4457a39c405fa2b36bf826bf6b
>
> Same thing. File __init__ in django/utils starts exactly like
> traceback says:
>
> Django-1.1/Django was originally created in late 2003 at World Online,
> the Web division
> of the Lawrence Journal-World newspaper in Lawrence, Kansas.

If your copy of django/utils/__init__.py contains that text than whatever
tool you are using to unpack the tar.gz file is broken.  There have been
reports of this before and as I recall the problem was the tool (I don't
recall what it was) could not handle unzipping 0-byte files.  Try using a
different uncompress/unzip tool.

Karen