Hello,

we are in the initial phase of software project, and data model and
names of attributes are changing very often, and very often we need to
create new database and fill it with the same sample data for testing.
We want to automate this creation of sample data.

Our idea: add into each models.py method e.g. init_sample_data() to
each model class, and put sample data there (with well handled
dependencies - ForeignKey, etc.) and each time we change model, we
will aslo change concerned init_samle_data(). We will run these
chained init_sample_data() for each class in the script.

The question is: is there some existing solution for this (in Django
or its extensions), which we can use, and not reinvent it, or not? Any
idea?

(We are using Django Evolution, which is good help, but only when
changes are not too dramatic.)

Thanks in advance.

Jan Ostrochovsky