On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Bins<binitsi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've a django powered blog, say http://example.com. I desire to make a
> section http://example.com/htmlpage/ and run a simple static html page
> at the url.
>
> How to I do it?
>
> I tried putting my file folder into my /django/website on webserver
> but no gain.
>
> I admit I know no more than 5-10% of django. Can some hint me what to
> do?

Follow the instructions here for your (local) development setup:

http://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/howto/static-files/

You should not use this method for serving static files on the
production server; take a look at the server software documentation to
find out how to do it there. (The method used on the production server
is the same as if you were not using Django at all.) It's hard to give
tipps when knowing nothing about the server environment you use in
production.

Matthias