Hi Simon,

Simon Lee schrieb:
> Thank you for being patient in helping me out.
>
> I checked it /etc/passwd and found this line which I think is the
> reference for UID 70
>
> _www:*:70:70:World Wide Web Server:/Library/WebServer:/usr/bin/false
>
> I did "su - _www" (I hope I did this right). It still asked for a
> password which I entered my root password (the only password that I
> know) and it complained that the password is wrong.

You seem to be a beginner with unix, too. That makes it more difficult,
but soon you will know the basics.

Unix user root can "su" to every account without password:

# get root:
u...@host> su -
r...@host> su - _www
w...@host>
Now you can check if this user can read the files:
more /..../tz.py

If this does not work. Maybe you need to change the last line in /etc/passwd
of user _www. /usr/bin/false means he has no login-shell. Change this
to /usr/bin/bash (or you preferred shell).

If you get "permission denied" while accessing the python files as www you need
to run
"chmod -R a+rX  /..."

  Thomas

--