Use python to call a PDF reader via the command line -

http://support.adobe.com/devsup/devsup.nsf/docs/52080.htm

http://foxit.vo.llnwd.net/o28/pub/foxit/manual/enu/FoxitReader30_Manual.pdf
(see the Command Line section)

Depending on the complexity of your PDFs, I'd recommend using Foxit
instead; Adobe Reader on windows isn't the most stable especially when
it comes to open many PDFs - you might have to manually manage
instances to make sure it doesn't eat up all your memory. Foxit Reader
however doesn't render all PDFs perfectly, or at least the same way
that Adobe Reader does. YMMV though.