Hello all,

I am trying to have enchant package on server machine. Just using easy-
install PyEnchant did not work as I get following errors when I try to
import enchant package in python interactive window:

>>> import enchant
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
File "/home/mygoplanner/lib/python2.5/pyenchant-1.5.3-py2.5.egg/
enchant/__init__.py", line 94, in <module>
from enchant import _enchant as _e
File "/home/mygoplanner/lib/python2.5/pyenchant-1.5.3-py2.5.egg/
enchant/_enchant.py", line 72, in <module>
raise ImportError("enchant C library not found")
ImportError: enchant C library not found

For that, it seems that, I have to first compile
http://www.abisource.com/projects/enchant/
library
I downloaded the enchant-1.5.0, but I do not know what steps to take
further to build/compile it.

I was not sure where to raise this question, couldn't get much help on
net either, hence put it in this group.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Sincerely,