2009/8/26 Georg Göttlich <m...@dvine.de>

> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm not sure if this is a bug in django or if it works as designed.
> That's why I'm asking here first, before filing a bug.
>
> When using annote() on a model, it's date values become unicode
> values.
>
> Is this normal behavior and if so, is there a way to prevent this?

Sounds like:

http://code.djangoproject.com/ticket/10031

Though since you don't mention OS, DB, and Python level it is hard to be
sure.  Windows with Python 2.5 and using sqlite is the only time I recall
this being reported, though.  If that is what you are using then at a
minimum you will want to update the level of sqlite you are using.  If not,
details of exactly what you are running would help.

Karen