I'm having trouble getting the admin javascript to function in production
(debian/apache2).  I've tried creating a sybolic link in the django root
folder, and using a location Alias in apache, but the result is the same.
Admin css files load, images load, and you can view the js files, but they
do not function.

In particular, the calendar date and time images do not render on date/time
fields and my prepopulate fields don't render (this all works in
development)

settings.py:
ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/media/'

apache2 default:
    # tried this with and with out a symbolic link in the django site's root
    #Alias /media
/usr/share/python-support/python-django/django/contrib/admin/media
    <Location "/media">
        SetHandler None
    </Location>

You can also *view* all the applicable js files .. they just don't do
anything:

<script type="text/javascript" src="../../../jsi18n/
<view-source:http://.../admin/jsi18n/>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/js/core.js
<view-source:http://.../media/js/core.js>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/media/js/admin/RelatedObjectLookups.js
<view-source:http://.../media/js/admin/RelatedObjectLookups.js>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/js/urlify.js
<view-source:http://.../media/js/urlify.js>"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="/media/js/calendar.js
<view-source:http://.../media/js/calendar.js>"></script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="/media/js/admin/DateTimeShortcuts.js
<view-source:http://.../media/js/admin/DateTimeShortcuts.js>"></script>