orschiro wrote:
> Well and that is also the problem with my solution. Everyone who knows
> the URL can download the data without to pay before.
>
> What I'm now looking for is a possibility to inquire whether the
> customer has paid before he was visiting the download page.
Whilst you could check to make sure that the HTTP referrer is PayPal,
this can easily be forged. What you probably want to do is use PayPal's
IPN system[1], which will trigger a page on your site behind-the-scenes
when someone has completed a transaction with you. I'd use that to
trigger a key-based download system (i.e., the IPN callback generates a
download key valid for 24 hours and emails it to the customer, and the
download page requires a valid key). However, this means that the
customer wouldn't get an instant download link.

[1]: https://www.paypal.com/ipn

-Andy