Hi
I use Django 1.0 and I define a template function like...
---
from django import template
register = template.Library()
def doSomething(param1, param2):
   # Do something like...
   return str(param1)+'<br/>'+str(param2)
register.simple_tag(doSomething)
---
to use that in template system, assuming a and b are in context...
---
{% doSomething a b %}
<!--
This call outputs: