Is there any way to get Django to support write-through caching of
objects?

For example say I have a blog object and I want to retrieve the
attribute "body". Normally the ORM would generate a SQL query and get
the data from the database. Is it possible to set it up so that the
ORM would try the cache backend first and only go to the database as a
last resort if there's a cache miss? Likewise if I update an object
I'd want the ORM to either delete the old cached object or to update
it.

>From reading the doc I don't think this is supported by Django out of
the box. Is there any pluggable apps or snippets that does this? Or
would I need to do this manually every time I retrieve/update an
object?