Great site! thanks

With my SQL experience, your comment about database coding seems to ring
true. The database is a much different environment, with
different paradigms, than a standard application environment. When you
really need database coding you know it (kind of like meta programming).

So far from my experience has been, the times I found we needed database
programming were pretty simply speed related, so difficult to distinguish
from application logic. What types of situations do others find useful for
stored procedures and triggers?