On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 1:36 AM, Jim Myers <myer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks, but that doesn't do it either.
> I changed the regex to:
>
> ^portal/student/(?P<userid>\S+)/profile_edit/$
>
> and it still doesn't match :(

It should:

>>> import re
>>> re.match(r'^portal/student/(?P<userid>\S+)/profile_edit/$',
'portal/student/xx.yy/profile_edit/').groupdict()
{'userid': 'xx.yy'}

I don't know what to tell you. The regex now matches the url you specified.
url mapping isn't fundamentally broken in Django.  There's got to be
something else going on in your scenario...

Karen